A healthy, hearty fall salad with peppery arugula, crisp apples, and toasted pecans. Dressed in a simple, vibrant lemon vinaigrette, it makes the perfect light-yet-satisfying plant-based meal or side.
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 238 kcal
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 7 ounces arugula organic when possible
- 2 small apples 1 tart, 1 sweet // peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries optional
- 1 large lemon juiced (1 lemon yields ~3 Tbsp or 45 ml)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and arrange pecans on a bare baking sheet.
Bake pecans for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and deep golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
While pecans are toasting, prep remaining salad ingredients and add to a large mixing bowl.
Prepare dressing in a mixing bowl or mason jar by adding all ingredients and whisking or shaking vigorously to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
Add pecans to salad and top with dressing. Toss to combine and serve immediately. Serves two as an entrée and 4 as a side (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
Store leftovers (dressing separate from salad) covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days (though best when fresh). Dressing should keep at room temperature for 2-3 days when well sealed.