- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 – 2 tsp Spanish Smoked Paprika
- 300 g 1 1/3 cups Passata
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree Tomato Paste
- 60 ml 1/4 cup Chicken / Vegetable Stock
- 300 g 10.5oz Can Haricot (Navy) beans drained weight 195g/ 6.8oz
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and allow to sizzle but be careful not to burn.
- Reduce heat to low, add the smoked paprika and stir.
- Add the passata, puree and stock and then simmer for around 20 mins (until the sharp taste of tomato has gone and the sauce has thickened.)
- Add the beans and simmer for a further 10 mins.
- Season to taste
2. CHICKEN / VEGETABLE STOCK – Use homemade or very low salt stock if cooking for a baby / young child. You can also miss it out if you prefer.
3. BEANS – If you can not find canned haricot/navy beans then you can replace them with cannellini or butter beans. Alternatively, you can buy dried navy beans but you will need to pre-soak and cook before using in this recipe.
4. TASTE & SEASON – You may find you will want to balance out the flavour of the sauce (depending on the passata used) with a little salt and sugar. Start with a pinch and adjust to taste. (Do not add salt and sugar if cooking for a baby / young toddler)