Ingredients for Beef Stir-Fry:
- 1 lb Top sirloin steak thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 medium yellow zucchini sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 lb mushrooms thin sliced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Oil to Saute *
Ingredients for Asian BBQ Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp original BBQ Sauce we used Stubbs brand
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce we used Tamari brand – gluten free
- Stir together 3 sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy pan or wok over high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add beef in a single layer and sautee undisturbed 2-3 mins. Stir and sautee another 2 min or until nearly cooked through. Season lightly with salt and pepper, add ginger and garlic and sautee 1 min.
- Drizzle beef with sauce to taste (I added 5 Tbsp) and stir-fry another 1 min or until beef is fully cooked through. Remove beef to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Place clean pan over high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add mushrooms, season lightly with s & p and stir fry until golden (5 min). Transfer mushrooms to the plate with beef.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil along with sliced onion and veggies and stir fry about 8 min or until soft and golden.
- Combine vegetables with beef and mushrooms, drizzle in more sauce to taste (I used another 2 Tbsp) and stir fry just until hot. Serve over steamy white rice.
This recipe also works well with pork strip loin or tenderloin. *Use a high smoke-point oil such as: extra light olive oil, avocado oil, canola.