If you and your kids like oatmeal and yogurt, you will love bircher muesli. It’s the perfect summer-time breakfast, and not only really easy to make, but healthy too!
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 409 kcal
- 2 cups/150g rolled or quick oats
- 1¾ cups/420ml milk
- ¼ cup/60ml apple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 apple cored and grated with the peel
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ cups/375g plain yogurt
- A dash of cinnamon optional
- Your favorite fresh and/or dried fruit nuts, toasted coconut, etc.
- Our favorites: blueberries, strawberries, raisins and hazelnuts
Combine oats, milk, apple juice and lemon juice and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
In the morning add the grated apple, honey (to taste), yogurt, and cinnamon, if desired, and mix well.
Top with your favorite fruits and nuts.