For the salad:
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped (about 3/4 cup), soaked in water to take the edge off the onion
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar more or less to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the 3 different types of beans, the celery, onion (drained of soaking water), parsley, and rosemary.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the salad to the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing. Let come to close to room temperature to serve.